From Country Living
Serves: 4 Edit
Yields: Half-cup servings.
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk ( I use a vegan substitute with Almond Milk and Vinegar)
- 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth (I use a Vegan Vegetable Broth substitute)
- 1/4 cup(s) scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) scallions, chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt (I use Sea Salt for mineral content)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) radish, shredded
- Make the soup: Combine the avocado, 1/2 cup buttermilk, chicken broth, 2 tablespoons scallions, and garlic in a blender and process until very smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and, while stirring, add the rest of the buttermilk, water, lime juice, salt, and cayenne. Divide among 4 bowls and serve immediately or chill for up to eight hours. Garnish with 1 tablespoon each of radish and scallion.
If you would like to learn how to make a recipe “Vegan” healthy, join our classes! It’s easy, it’s cheap and it’s fun!