Our simple Orange and Almond Green Beans make an elegant side dish to accompany anything from tarragon chicken to marinated, grilled pork tenderloin.
Cook Time: 15 min
Oven Temp: 325
- 3/4Â cup(s) sliced almonds
- 3Â pound(s) green beans, trimmed
- 3Â tablespoon(s) butter or margarine (I use a Vegan Butter Replacement made by SureGar, Inc.)
- 3/4Â teaspoon(s) grated orange rind
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake almonds on baking sheet 7 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook green beans in simmering salted water until just cooked, 6 to 9 minutes. Drain well; toss with butter, orange rind, and toasted almonds.
If you would like to learn how to make a recipe â€œVeganâ€ healthy, join our classes! Itâ€™s easy, itâ€™s cheap and itâ€™s fun!